Saturday, September 27, 2008

Week 4 Game Predictons


I am right around 70 percent on predictions so far this year and I hope to improve upon that even further. With that said here are my predictions and thoughts for week 4 in the NFL.


Atlanta at Carolina - This game could be close however I think the Panthers defense will be able to contain Turner to a respectable number. With that said I like Carolina to win playing at home.


Cleveland at Cincinnati - The Browns have looked terrible this year and so have the Bengals. I think Carson Palmer gets it going good enough this week to get the win but it could be a pretty close game. I don't think the Browns offensive line can hold anybody out and that will be their downfall again this weekend.


Houston at Jacksonville - The Jags finally looked like the team they were expected to be last week against the Colts. The Texans on the other hand look horrible. They may have some success on the ground but they do not have enough to win this one. I like the Jags going away in this one with a big day on the ground from Jones-Drew and Taylor.


Denver at Kansas City - I like the Broncos easily in this one. I expect Brandon Marshall to have another huge day and I like the trio of running backs to get their fair share of yardage as well. For the chiefs the only real play in fantasy world is Bowe but you could also use Larry Johnson with hopes he will have one of his good days. The Broncos will give up some points but not to many.


San Francisco at New Orleans - This should be a pretty good game. The 49er's defense has been pretty good so far this year but the Saints have to much fire power. Brees and Bush should have big days and win this one by 10-14 points.


Arizona at New York Jets - This is a tough one for me. The Jets play well at home and they have a pretty decent offensive. The cardinals have a great offense and a better then expected defense. Most experts are picking Arizona in this one but I like the Jets to pull it out playing at home behind a solid day from Favre.


Green Bay at Tampa Bay - Green Bay has some injuries on the defensive side of the ball and I think the Bucs are good enough on defense to slow the Packers down just enough to get a win. Tampa plays very tough at home and Griese looked good last week. I like the Bucs behind a solid passing game to take this one down but it should be close.


Minnesota at Tennessee - One of the best match ups of the week. The Titans have a great defense as do the Vikings. I like Minnesota with a strong running game to win this one but it will be very close and should be low scoring. The vikings will harass Collins all day and that should be the difference.


San Diego at Oakland - The Chargers will run the ball all day and throw at will when they want to. I like San Diego big against the men in black.


Buffalo at the worst team in the NFL aka the Rams - Bills win huge in this one and that's all that needs to be said here.


Washington at Dallas - The Redskins should be able to pass on the Cowboys and that will keep this one close for a little while but in the end I like Dallas with the most solid offense in the NFL to pull away and win. Look for Santana Moss to have a big day for the Redskins and for the Cowboys the usual stars should score more then enough to keep their fantasy owners happy. On that note beware that every now and then the Skins put together a great game against a superior opponent. If this happens it could come down to a field goal.


Philadelphia at Chicago - The Bears defense should play well at home in a night game but the question will be how well their offense performs. If McNabb and Westbrook are able to go I think the Eagles have to much firepower for the Bears. I like the Eagles in Chi Town.


Baltimore at Pittsburgh - This will be a great game. The Ravens have been playing good and the Steelers have been playing like the Steelers do, very good. I think this one can go either way, if the game was in Baltimore I would pick the Ravens but since its in Pittsburgh I have to go with the Steelers.